My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Re-building my stash of Extra Care Bucks at CVS...

After last week's fiasco with Walgreens, I decided to focus on CVS and Target this week...

Last week at CVS, I used up my Extra Bucks that were about to expire. I bought six 8-pks of Pepsi products for $.98 out of pocket. It was nice not to have to pay anything for them, but that meant starting all over with trying to build up my ECBs. Every now and then, this will happen to me, when the deals are slim for weeks at a time. Before I know it, my ECBs are about to expire, so I have to use them on something I need...and then start all over with building them back up. So that's what I hoped to accomplish this week at CVS.

Here's what I did...




1st Transaction:

2 Accucheck Aviva Diabetes Monitors on sale for $14.99 a piece
*Used (2) $10/1 manufacturer coupons
*Used a $2 ECB coupon

PAID: $2.98
ECBs received: $10 ($5 for each monitor bought)

2nd Transaction:

1 Fusion Power Razor on sale for $9.99
1 Vaseline Sheer Infusion lotion at $7.99
1 Covergirl blush at $7.99
1 Covergirl foundation at $9.49

Coupons used:
$4/1 Fusion razor
$1.50/1 Sheer Infusion lotion
$1/1 Covergirl makeup
FREE CG item when you buy a CG foundation (Value of $7.99)
$3 ECB (remaining from those that hadn't expired yet)
$10 ECB received from transaction above

PAID: $9.92
ECBs received: $17

Overall Totals:
PAID: $12.90
Total savings with sales and coupons: $65.49
ECBs I walked away with: $17

***So, I basically paid $12.90 for $65.49 worth of items. Plus, I now have $17 in ECBs to help me get started on rolling the CVS deals once again! Not bad, for having to pay out of pocket and start all over with my ECBs!!! If only I had known about the 3 different links for the $5/$25 coupon. Would have brought my second transaction total down to $4.92! Bummer! Oh well. =)

How about you? Snag any great deals at CVS this week? Share about it in the comments section! Or link back to your blog about it, if you have one!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Borglum said...

I have a quick question for you... how do you know what products at CVS will earn you ECB's? I always go in there and earn ECB's and it's never for the things that are listed in the ad.

Thanks!
Lisa

October 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Hey Lisa! The ad each week tells which items you will receive ECBs for. Some are monthly deals that aren't advertised in the ad. Sometimes, it could just be your quarterly ECBs that you earned for shopping there! Or maybe if you buy prescriptions? That's all I can tell ya! Other than that, I don't know. Haha! =)

October 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home