My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Super Savings Saturday!!!


This week was kind of crazy for me. First of all, my camera was not cooperating on the day I did my Publix grocery shopping. Therefore, I did not get a picture of what I bought, and I am going to skip the details on Publix. I spent $47, and saved $54.05 total. It wasn't a great week. There wasn't much on sale, and I bought a lot of fresh vegetables for meals. But that's okay! I still scored some freebies and close-to-freebies (such as bagel bites, 3 glade candles, and glade plug-ins).

I did get a picture of my Walgreens trip...however, that trip quickly became a disaster! I went into Walgreens with my trip perfectly planned out, how I would roll the Register Rewards to pay as little as possible out of pocket in 3 transactions, etc. I will spare you the details of everything that happened, but basically I had a cashier who was not familiar with coupons or their coupon policy. Items were voided, the register messed up, my coupons kept beeping, I had way more coupons than items, I couldn't "roll" my register rewards, and so much more! haha! Sometimes this happens. It's the life of a couponer. What can you do? :)

Here's what I ended up getting (pictured above):

1 Thermacare heating pad
2 Tylenol Cold
1 Glade oil candle tin
1 Glade oil refill (3 pk)
1 Carefree pantiliners
1 Soleil diposable razors (4 pk)
2 Oral B indicator toothbrush
3 Febreze candles (on clearance)
2 Air Wick air freshener systems
2 Reese's pumpkins (only 1 pictured, ate the other! haha)
1 Chapstick and 3 caramel chews (fillers to have more items than coupons)

What I paid out of pocket: $15.11
Register Rewards amount received: $12.50 (and I didn't receive the ones for the Glade candle deal...at that point, I didn't want to argue it)
Total Savings (according to receipts): $67.75

***So, IF my transactions had worked the way I planned them, I would have only paid about $3 out of pocket. I would have rolled the $12.50 I got back to help balance out the $15. Since they didn't work out due to many problems, I ended up having to pay out of pocket $15. That's okay, though. I have a lot of Register Rewards to use for deals in the future.

Publix + Walgreens = $62.11 spent this week
*I am a little over my budget of $50, but we're still looking good for the month of September. The first two weeks of the month, we only spent $20 or $30, so we have some extra spending room remaining. It all balances out so that we're still under our $50 a week budget for the entire month! =)

Hopefully next week will be a little better...

What about you? How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below!

Want to see how others save as well? Many bloggers join Money Saving Mom in her "Super Savings Saturday" every week! Check it out!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger The Thrifty Divas said...

Hi, Megan. I love your honesty and it's always great to see how other people save money. Sometimes we get so tuned into our own lives that we don't realize how much we can actually save.

To share with you, I just got back from CVS where I got 3 gallons of milk, 8 packages of Speed Stick Deodorant, and 2 packages of store brand cookies for $0.80! Of course I used coupons and ECB. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to get home to show my husband!

September 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Haha! I know, isn't it great?! I always can't wait to get home and show my husband everything that I walked out of the store with for free. =) Congrats on your awesome CVS trip! That's great!!!

September 27, 2009 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Kristin from Couponing to Disney said...

Awesome! Great job!

September 28, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home