My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Weekly Grocery Savings -- The New Budget!


It was a fun week of shopping for me. Changing our grocery budget to $50 a week has definitely relieved some stress and brought back the joy of shopping, couponing, and cooking for me! It was a hard decision to make, but I think it was well worth it...

Here is what I bought at Publix this week (pictured above):

4 packs Frusion Smoothies (my hubby is obsessed)
1 gallon milk
2 boxes Ritz Munchables
4 packages Kraft shredded cheese
2 boxes Orville popcorn
2 Aunt Jemima syrups
2 boxes Weight Watchers ice cream bars
2 packages Birds Eye Steamfresh veggies
1 package almonds
1 packages walnuts
2 boxes Quaker True Delights bars
2 boxes Quaker oatmeal
2 boxes Cheez-Its
2 jars Bertolli pasta sauce
4 Yoplait Greek yogurts
1 bag potatoes (5 lbs)
4 plum tomatoes
1 bag Florida oranges
2 bags Dole lettuce
1 bottle white wine vinegar
4 Knox gelatins
1 bunch bananas
1 can black olives
2 bottles Pert Plus shampoo
1 avocado
1 bunch green onions
1 container feta cheese
1 package broccoli florets
2 Zone Perfect bars
1 EAS bar
1 package dry black beans
1 package organic tempeh (yay! They actually had it!)
1 bunch asparagus
2 limes
1 lemon
1 jalapeno pepper
1 package whole wheat pasta (can you believe it? I had to pay full price - out of pasta!!!)

Wow! I will tell you one thing - $15 more a week makes a HUGE difference!!! It was nice to be able to pick up lots of fresh veggies and fruits with no guilt about budget. I was able to get everything I wanted for all my meals, lots of snacks, plenty of fruit, and more!

I also did the Kellogg's cereal sale last weekend (pictured below). I only paid $5.75 for all 5 cereal boxes! My savings was $14.80!



So here are my combined totals between the 2 trips:

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $178.66

Total saved from sales: $57.69
Manufacturer coupons used: $43.95
Store/Competitor coupons used: $18.74
Total amount saved: $120.38
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $58.28

I went a little over this week, but that's okay since I was under budget last week! I haven't made it to CVS yet, but I might go make a quick trip today. We'll see. I'll update you about it if I end up going!

March Totals:

1st Week: $39.71
2nd Week: $58.28

Total spent for month of March so far: $97.99
Total savings for month of March so far: $217.13

What About You: How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below!

New to saving money on groceries? Try this series for helpful information on how to save.

Not sure how to use coupons? Try this post for couponing basics!

Want to start saving at Publix? Check out the Publix Basics post to learn all about it!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Meghan, we had a great week at Bi-Lo this week. We got All detergent for only $.85. We did get in on the free Purex last week from Walgreens but I just love All and could not pass it up. We went $.05 over our budget for the week but we had some overage from last month so I did not feel too bad. Here is the link to my deals this week:

http://www.simplesavingsmom.com/2010/03/savings-for-week-mar6-mar12.html

Looks like you had a great week and I hope the new budget and healthful eating is going well!

March 13, 2010 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Bridgett said...

Love all that you got! The fresh veggies made that an awesome deal for sure! We also had a great run at Publix this week -

We got $232.95 worth of groceries for $48.16 - and the even better part was that it included tons of whole wheat/whole grain foods - which as you know are often so much more expensive! Here's the link:

http://www.madsavvysavers.com/2010/03/03-10-10-publix-shopping-trip.html

Glad to find your blog!

March 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home