My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Worth Reading Round-Up!


I haven't done a Worth Reading Round-Up in quite a while, but I've read some really awesome posts lately, so I thought I'd pass them along! Here are some of my very faves:

Alyssa, over at Kingdom First Mom, wrote a great post on What Frugal Looks Like. I think it speaks volumes on how today's culture stereotypes and views frugal people. I'll admit that I tend to do it myself! When I see a lady dressed in really nice clothing and fancy jewelry, I immediately jump to, "Rich, spoiled, not frugal-minded." But who am I to judge? She may have gotten everything she's wearing for next-to-nothing! Alyssa ends her post with one of my favorite Bible verses about God looking at the heart, rather than external appearance. None of us are perfect in this world. We are deteriorating every day, but we can continue to make our hearts beautiful! We should seek to banish pre-conceived notions and judgments about people. I am friends with many frugal-minded people, and let me tell you...they are all completely different - home school moms, hip college students, military wives, working moms, city girls, small town simple-living women, etc.

Does couponing stress you out sometimes? Honestly, even after doing this for a while, my heart still races at times and I get all worked up over couponing. It happens to all of us from time to time, no matter how experienced we are! Crystal, over at The Thrifty Mama, encourages us to Not Have A Coupon Conniption! She gives us 7 ways to find peace and deal with coupon burnout. I found it very helpful and encouraging, and I'm sure you will too!

Is being frugal really worth it? Jennifer, over at Saving & Giving, sheds some light on this subject. I wholeheartedly agree with her on this one. Great post! Be sure to check it out.

Bringing children along on your shopping adventures can be very difficult, but unfortunately circumstances of life make it inevitable at times. This is one thing I don't have to worry about for the time being, but I'm sure many of you do! Jessica, over at Life As Mom, gives you some excellent tips on How To Survive Shopping With Children In Tow! I'm sure you will find it very helpful.

Think you can't eat healthy and be frugal? I definitely beg to differ, and so does Catherine over at Kitchen Stewardship! Check out her post to find some helpful tips for Healthy Eating On A Budget! I definitely agree with everything she says in this post, and many of her tips I already practice myself. =)

Do you find it difficult to lose weight when money is tight and you are on a budget? I know I definitely do at times! Andrea from Mommy Snacks did a fabulous guest post on Money Saving Mom's site about this subject. She gives you Six Tips For Losing Weight On A Budget. I was definitely inspired, and I think you will be too!

I hope you enjoy reading some of these! Want to see more great worth-reading round-ups? Go HERE to see them all! There are some great bloggers out there!!!

What About You: Which of these was your favorite blog post?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home