My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Super Savings Saturday: Sticking to the $20 Budget!

I am very pleased with my Publix trip this week. You can go here to read more about how we stayed under our $20 budget this week, and what I learned from it. You can go here to read all about how and why we are lowering our weekly grocery budget from $50 to $20 for the first half (and now possibly the entire month) of October.

Here's what I bought this week (pictured above):

2 free Reusable shopping bags
4 bags of Chex Mix (hubby loves it)
2 boxes of Cheez-Its (my downfall)
2 jars of Pace Salsa
2 packages of Kraft shredded cheese
2 Healthy Choice frozen meals
2 V8 Fusion juices
2 Old El Paso tortillas
1 Old El Paso taco seasoning
4 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
3 Progresso Soups (donating)
2 Bumblebee Tuna pouches (donating)
1 milk
1 sour cream
1 light coconut milk
1 can of chick peas
2 sweet potatoes
4 onions
1 bag of potatoes (5 lb)

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $78.63
Total saved from sales: $27.03
Manufacturer coupons used: $19.04
Store/Competitor coupons used: $18.98
Total amount saved: $65.05
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $13.58

*I also spent $2.11 at CVS this week on bar soap and a toothbrush (and got back $3 ECB).

***We spent a total of $15.69, so it looks like we're under our $20 budget this week! =)

What about you? How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below! If you are new to saving money, I invite you to e-mail me with a picture and explanation of a great deal you got, so that I can share it with all of the readers! We're all in this together! =)

Want to see how others save as well? Many bloggers join Money Saving Mom in her "Super Savings Saturday" every week! Check it out!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristin from Couponing to Disney said...

Awesome! I am interested in knowing what your tax rate is like. Ours is 8-10% on every single item you could buy at the store. Ick. And it's on the pre coupon total too. My OOP is higher than a lot of bloggers because of this.

October 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Hi Kristin!

Here in Florida, we don't have sales tax on food at all. Our sales tax is around 7 % though, for other items. Hope that helps! Don't let the OOP get you down. You know what you're saving, and you are doing the best you can with your life circumstances (your geographical location). I always say...Don't compare yourself to others. Just do what is best for you, and have fun doing it! =)

October 10, 2009 at 10:41 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Quick question: Is the Kraft cheese on sale? I must have missed something somewhere!

October 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Nicole- Actually, the Super Savings Saturday that I post each week is from the previous week's sale. I usually do my shopping on Sunday or Monday, so I post my savings the following Saturday. So, I haven't shopped this week's sale yet. This SSS is from last week's sale, when Kraft cheese was I think 3/$5. Hope that helps!

October 10, 2009 at 10:45 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yep, that helps. I remember it being on sale last week but I didn't get any so if it was on sale again I was going to get some this week. Thanks!

October 10, 2009 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Sara @ CleverPinkPirate.com said...

What a great trip, thanks for sharing!

October 11, 2009 at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home