My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Menu Plan Monday!

I have decided to continue on with the $20/week grocery challenge for the entire month of October. It's so much easier than I thought, and we still really need the extra money to pay for some expenses. (Our normal budget is $50/week, so this will give us an extra $120 this month to cover those expenses!) We still have plenty to eat from the pantry and/or freezer, though! As always, I planned this week's menu around what we already have on hand. The only items I had to buy for these meals were a couple of red onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers. =)

Here is the menu for this week:


Monday: Shrimp scampi over pasta

Tuesday: Black bean and corn quesadillas

Wednesday: Homemade vegetarian pizza (with this bread machine dough)

Thursday: Dinner with family (we do this every week)

Friday: Apple salad and baked potatoes

Saturday: Spaghetti with yummy crockpot sauce (minus the beef substitute crumbles), bread, and salad

Sunday: Black bean veggie burgers with homemade bread machine hamburger buns

As always, feel free to e-mail me if there is a recipe you would like that does not have a link. Also, I tweak the recipes quite a bit from the original. Feel free to e-mail me about that as well, if you have any questions about what changes make each recipe a little better (in my opinion)! =)

Want some more inspiration for menu planning? Visit Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie's website! 250+ bloggers gather there every Monday to share their ideas!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger n*stitches said...

Wow - does your $20 (or even $50) budget include non-food items and all other mean costs?? Do you rely heavily on coupons? I feel that I have really accomplished something if my bill is $100 /wk (family of four).

Kudos to you!! Have a great week!

October 19, 2009 at 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Good for you for making it work! I'm whittling down my weekly budget as I grow our stockpile. It's reassuring to know that this is doable. Your menu sounds yummy-thanks for some good meatless meal ideas too.

October 19, 2009 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

N*Stiches~ Our weekly shopping budget includes all of our groceries, toiletries, household supplies, non-food items, etc. We get most of our non-food items at CVS for practically free, so that helps! Check out the "CVS Basics" if you're new to CVS! We do our grocery shopping at Publix, because you can save SO much there! I use a lot of coupons, yes. =) We're also only a family of 2 - me and my husband.

Amy~ Thanks for the encouragement...and let me encourage you! It's definitely doable! =) I love your blog (and your menu). We are vegetarian here, so you'll find lots of meatless meal ideas every week! Thanks for stopping by!

October 19, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home