My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Reader's Loyalty Changes

If you haven't noticed yet, I am like a free advertiser for Publix. Anybody who I talk to about couponing and saving knows that my number one motto is: "You can almost always get it cheaper at Publix." Yes, that's right...cheaper than Kroger, cheaper than Target, and GASP...cheaper than Walmart! =)

Now I know many of you don't have Publix as an option, depending on where you live. If you do happen to live near a store, however, I recommend you give it a try. I know people who travel 30 to 40 minutes just to shop at Publix.

My cousin, Kaylee, was pretty skeptical of Publix for a while. She lives near a Kroger and a Publix. She always chose Kroger. After all, the prices are much lower at Kroger than Publix. After seeing a couple of weeks of my savings at Publix, however, she decided she might give Publix a shot.

She now loves Publix, as well. Why? She has discovered that it is a couponer and deal seeker's dream store. Here is her most recent shopping trip (pictured above):

2: Wise Cheese Doodles
2: Stacy’s Pita Chips
2: Shark bites gummies
2: 8 o’clock coffees
2: Healthy Harvest Rotini pasta
2: Contessa Frozen Meals (Mongolian beef and shrimp jambalaya)
2: Toasters Strudels
6: Old El Paso Taco Mix
2: Coffee Mate Liquid Creamer
2: Hillshire farms smoked Sausage
1: Publix Diet Coke (No saving just wanted it!)

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $67.55
Total saved from sales: $29.30
Store coupons used: $9.50
Manufacturer/Competitor coupons used: $16.68
Total amount saved: $55.48
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $12.07

***She paid $12.07 for $67.55 worth of groceries! I don't think you can beat that anywhere. Way to go, Kaylee! Thanks for sharing!!

If you haven't given Publix a chance yet, you might want to consider it. You can go here to learn all about Publix couponing and deal-making. I also post the best deals every week.

And don't forget...If you're totally brand new to couponing, you can check out this post on Couponing Basics and this series on how to save money on groceries!

Want to share your savings? Feel free to e-mail me with a picture and summary of what you bought and saved, and I will post it! (My e-mail is listed under the "about me" section on the right)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Super good deals! My Publix wouldn't take the CVS(?) coupon for the Stacy's Pita Chips unfortunately. I couldn't get the Coffemate creamer or Hillshire Farms coupons either. Still loving Publix though!

October 19, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger Klee said...

Nicole:
The coffeemate website updated thier coupons i believe, so you get the 1.50 off of two coupon. So you had to buy 2 bottles of the creamer, but it still made it a great deal!

October 19, 2009 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks for the tip Klee. I don't remember what exactly the problem was when I tried to print it the other day, but I'll try it again.

October 19, 2009 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Nicole, That stinks that your Publix doesn't take CVS! What a bummer! Every store is different, and each has something to offer that another one doesn't. =)

October 19, 2009 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home