My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting Thin In 2010: Back On The Road To Success!


Well...it's been 3 weeks since I decided to get serious again about this weight loss goal. I've been praying about it, eating less, and (starting today) moving more!

By eating less and praying about it, I finally got the scale to budge. You know I've been up and down with this since February (wow, I really didn't think it had been that long). As of my weekly weigh-in today, though, I'm back down to almost the lowest I've been since I started trying to Get Thin In 2010! I have lost exactly 5 pounds.

Progress To My Goal: 5 pounds lost, 20% of the 25 pounds I'd like to lose.

Today I started back on Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. WOW - I am out of shape! I'm excited to start feeling good about myself again, even if I just get a little toned and don't lose as many pounds as I'm hoping to.

You know...there are bad days, and there are good days. Life happens, eating out with friends is a reality, and eating cake at a birthday party is enjoyable.

I'm just trying to stay positive, not give up, and put the "bad days" behind me. On the days that I mess up, I try to start over the next day and forget about it, rather than giving up and blowing it completely. My progress has been like molasses. I used to be able to lose weight in no time at all. My life is different now, though, and I have to try to push through, despite my present circumstances...

I'll try to update you again next Monday when I weigh-in again! Also, I think I will talk about the number one factor that inhibits my weight loss. Until then...

What About You: How is your weight loss coming? Are you meeting your goals? Share below!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post really hit home, based on reading your blog I purchased the 30 day shred video from half.com (for like $3.00) and have been doing it every day (sometimes halfheartedly)and have lost a total of 9 pounds in 14 days. Not the best results but not bad either. We weigh in on Mondays and I almost let it derail me yesterday when after a week of trying, I lost 1 pound. However, I am on level 2 in the 30 day shred and pushing on. After 30 days of this I am going to purchase the zumba tape. Thanks for helping me to motivate and sharing your story!
Billie Mitchell

April 13, 2010 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Rose | RoseBakes.com said...

Way to go Meagan!!! I'm so inspired to get back on track myself (although I've tried and failed a zillion times). Congrats on those 5 lbs! I know how hard it is and every ounce is a victory!

April 13, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home