Getting Thin In 2010 -- My New Plan + Jillian Michaels Workout DVD Giveaway!
Bottom line? I made excuses, I stopped working out, and I started eating more. Now it's time to get back on track. I can do this (and so can you, for those of you who have been following along)!
My goal is to lose 25 pounds and/or one pant size. My plan is simple, and it comes down to 3 things:
1. Pray about it. Nothing is too small for God. He sees that this is making me extremely unhappy, bitter towards others, and a miserable person on both the inside and out. I think that losing weight is one step in the right direction towards living a happier life. Plus, my body is a temple of God, and I feel that it is an act of worship to respect my body by eating healthy and exercising. I want to take care of the healthy body God has blessed me with. On this new plan, I am making God the center of my weight loss efforts.
2. Eat less. Control portion sizes. Get my daily nutritional servings in each day. Splurge when I need to so that I don't give in to monstrous cravings that make me blow my diet and give up. I have been following Weight Watchers since I was in high school, and it has always worked for me. I love their plan, and it's what I follow. I do it on my own at home without paying for the meetings. I like it because it's not a diet - it's a lifestyle change.
3. Move more. Many of you know that I love Zumba. Well, I'm changing it up a bit for a couple of reasons. First of all, we are most likely going to be moving into a new place within a few months, so I don't want to be depending on something that might not be available at the new place we live. Right now, Zumba is down the road. I can walk there. It might not be as accessible and convenient once we move. So I want something that I can stick with, no matter what changes life brings. Also, money is pretty tight. Seeing as we made the decision to raise our grocery budget and we ended up NOT switching to Metro PCS (long story), we really can't afford the extra expense of Zumba each month. I sure am going to miss it, though...
So how am I going to move more? Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout DVD. I did it a while back, and I really liked it. So I think I am going to give it a go again. When I did it before, I was a little frustrated because I did not see the scale move. However, I did lose 2 inches in all my body measurements after doing it! Plus, I felt great. I was toned, in shape, and had lots of energy at all times. I also like it because it's only 20 minutes. I can fit it into my daily routine, no problem. Finally, I can do it at home. Very convenient.
So here's to praying about it, eating less, and moving more! To kick off my new plan, I've decided to do a giveaway! I am giving away 2 copies of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. As much as I really don't like Jillian Michaels (especially with some of her shady endorsements and weight-loss products recently), I must say I love this DVD. I've seen it work for many people. My friend at work has lost almost FOUR pant sizes from doing this workout for about a year now. She looks amazing! Don't get discouraged about what the scale says, though. The scale says she hasn't lost much, but I would say four pant sizes is an incredible accomplishment!!!
So do you want to give the 30 Day Shred a try? If so, here's how to enter the giveaway:
1. Comment on this post with a weight loss or healthy lifestyle goal of yours.
2. Subscribe to this blog by e-mail or in a reader. Leave a comment on this post telling me that you are a subscriber.
3. Become a fan on Facebook. Leave a comment on this post telling me that you are a fan.
4. Follow me on Twitter. Leave a comment on this post telling me that you are a follower.
5. Grab my button or add me to your blogroll. Leave a comment with a link to your blog where the button or blogroll is located.
You have up to 5 different ways to enter, so everybody has 5 chances to win a workout DVD! If you are already a subscriber, Facebook fan, Twitter follower, or have me on your blogroll...just say so in your comments!
This giveaway will end next Sunday night, March 28th, at 10 pm EST. At that time I will choose two winners at random! Good luck!