My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Super Savings Saturday: My Couponing Husband Succeeds!



So I'm sure many of you followed along this week as my Couponing Husband Kyle did my CVS and Publix shopping while I was sick. I must say that I am extremely proud of him! We did end up getting our missing bag of products back from CVS, and he succeeded at Publix as well (even using the Knox overage coupon). We didn't need very much this week, and I was trying to stay under our budget. I decided to just buy some fresh veggies that I needed for meals, and didn't really go after any of the sale items. Plus, not having so many coupons made it much easier on my husband.

Here is what he bought on the Publi
x run:

1 gallon milk
1 bunch of bananas
1 package Romaine lettuce
2 Knox gelatin
2 Yoplait Fiber One yogurt packs
1 Publix cream cheese
1 package Publix monterey jack shredded cheese
4 sweet potatoes
1 bulb of garlic
1 lemon
2 tomatoes
2 cucumbers

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $28.03
Total saved from sales: $3.46
Manufacturer coupons used: $10.00
Store/Competitor coupons used: $5.00
Total amount saved: $18.46
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $9.57

As far as the CVS run, here is what my husband ended up buying after the "leaving the bag at the store" fiasco...



What he bought:


1 Aussie Shampoo
1 package Cottonelle toilet paper
1 Colgate toothpaste
1 Crest toothpaste
4 SoBe Lifewaters (1 is missing, because he drank it before I could snap a pic)

Coupons Used:

(1) $1/1 Aussie
(1) $1/1 Cottonelle
(1) $.75/1 Crest
(1) $1/1 Colgate
(2) Buy one get one free SoBe Lifewaters
(2) $1 mysterious coupons**
$10 ECB

**Kyle scanned my Extra Care card in the store, and out popped 2 random coupons. He placed them in the shopping basket to bring home to me. The lady took the basket, and started scanning the items. She then scanned the 2 mysterious coupons that were in the bottom of the shopping basket. Kyle says he has no idea what they were for, but they definitely didn't apply to the transaction. He tried to tell her, but she said it was fine?! Needless to say, our subtotal was NEGATIVE $.78 before tax, and we ended up paying only $.19 total out of pocket.

Total paid out of pocket: 19 cents
Total amount saved: $29.70
ECBs he walked away with: $7.50

Not bad for my couponing hubby! He did such a great job! =)

With Publix and CVS combined, it looks like we spent a total of $9.76, and saved $48.16, on groceries this week!

February Totals:

1st Week: $97.56 (off to an extremely rough start!)
2nd Week: $16.99
3rd Week: $9.76

Total spent for month of February so far: $124.31
Total savings for month of February so far: $202.87

Okay! One week remaining for the month of February, and we have $15.69 remaining in our grocery budget. That should be no problem (as long as I can avoid the temptation of those great Viva Italia deals at Publix this week)!

What About You: How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below! If you are new to saving money, I invite you to e-mail me with a picture and explanation of a great deal you got, so that I can share it with everyone! Go here to see some readers' savings. They do so great! We're all in this together!!! =)

New to saving money on groceries? Try this series for helpful information on how to save.

Not sure how to use coupons? Try this post for couponing basics!

Want to start saving at Publix? Check out the Publix Basics post to learn all about it!

Want to see how others save as well? Many bloggers join Money Saving Mom in her "Super Savings Saturday" every week! Check it out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home