My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Sinus Infections & Couponing Husbands...


Well, it's official. I thought I was going to make it through the winter without even getting a cold! WRONG!

I've come down with a cold, but I am way more miserable than a person with a cold should be. I feel like my entire head is being squeezed by iron fists. Oh - the pressure! My colds have tendencies to become sinus or lower respiratory infections. Right now I want nothing more than to just lay down on the couch with a warm blanket and watch the Olympics...or sleeping for about 3 days would be quite nice!

The worst of it is the amount of sinus pressure in my eyes. I kills my eyes just to look at this computer screen right now. I'm going to try to keep up with my blogging this week, but it might be a little bit on the light side until the sinus pain gets a little better!

But guess what??? I got home from work and didn't want to go anywhere, so I oh-so-sweetly begged my hubby Kyle to please go do my CVS trip this week for me. Usually he politely refuses, because he just doesn't "understand how to do the coupons." He He. This time he agreed, though! I think he feels too sorry for me to say no this time.

I handed him his list, stack of coupons, ECBs, and CVS card...then sent him on his way! We'll see if he makes it back alive...

What About You: Do any of you have husbands who aren't afraid to take the coupon dare?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeddie said...

I rarely send my hubby to do a shopping trip, but those few times I have asked him, he naturally put up some initially resistance and hesitation. Though, I've never asked him to do a "rolling deal" or mess with ECBs or RRs, unless I was in the store, preoccupied with some other part of the deal scenario. I might just have to try that one! Ha! My partner in crime still gets an A for participation in my book! :D YAY for willing and pleasing husbands! *sigh* :)

February 15, 2010 at 7:32 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

My husband is not afraid to make the trip...but I'm afraid for him to make it! There are just many tricks associated with coupons, Register Rewards, ECBs, etc. to make for a simple trip. Really, how do you explain "Get X, Y, and Z", but if they're out of Z, don't bother getting Y, because then you won't...yada,yada,yada" You guys know what I'm talking about! I will let hubby make the trip for me IF it's not too terribly complicated!

Hope you get to feeling better Meg!

February 15, 2010 at 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Sil said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

February 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

You guys are funny. Same exact thoughts I always have, too! =)

Glad we have husbands willing...but I guess we're just a little too picky about wheelin' that deal just right! He He.

Thanks for the feel better wishes!

February 15, 2010 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

I don't think mine could do it, it's too confusing for him. He's come with me once to Walgreens and just stood there in amazement as I handed over all the coupons and then he said "you paid $1.60 for ALL that??" Then when all my RR started printing out, he just shook his head. He was impressed. But he doesn't quite understand how I get things for free. He seems to think you can just pick what you want for free. I keep explaining that I have to wait for the sales and coupons to line up right for the free stuff, I don't just get to choose what I want for free this week!

February 16, 2010 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Oh mine would do it. But We are both new at it, and I know more because IM the one teaching him- SO I dont think I would try and even send him! lol I sorta trust him with Publix,, sorta.... not yet, in time, :)

sending healing prayers your way!!

February 16, 2010 at 12:17 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I'm sick too. I made the mistake of sending my hubby to Wags yesterday. I sent him with specific instructions. 2 Free Airwicks, 1 Crest toothpaste and said, "do not pay over 25 cents for the toothpaste". He refused to take the Trident coupons because he said that he didn't think they matched. So, he came home with 2 ULTRA AIRWICKS...paying $4 for each, and 50 cent Crest toothpaste. :( He really didn't understand what the big deal was. "Take them back", he says. Uhhh...yeah but I just lost two $4 coupons! :(

I need to feel better, AND SOON! I'm losing money! LOL

February 16, 2010 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger Accounting Dude & Frugal Chick said...

My husband used to work at a grocery store so I fell okay with him shopping at the grocery store with coupons, but there is no way I would send him to CVS with coupons.

February 16, 2010 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Isaacson said...

how'd he do??

February 16, 2010 at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home