My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Simplifying Christmas: Part Two - The True Meaning

This post will pick up from where I left off in Part One of this series. You can go HERE to read “Part One: An Introduction” if you missed it.


Last year, as my husband and I were battling through this new-found discovery of living as simply as we can, we came across a website called Advent Conspiracy...


The purpose of this movement is to bring people back to the true meaning of Christmas...the real story of Christmas.


There is a new promo video this year, but I feel that the 2008 promo video really speaks volumes, so that is the video I will be using for this post.


I considered writing up an entire post trying to explain in my own words the true meaning of Christmas, but I feel that this video says it all.


Watch this video, let it sink in, and let it change your life the way it did ours. Consider what changes you might be able to make this Christmas, what you might be able to go without, how you might spend less and give more. I encourage you to challenge yourself to really take the truths of this video to heart...(hint: you might want to pause it and let the video load before watching it)



It’s time to enter the Christmas story...the way it was meant to be lived and told...

  • Worship Fully
  • Spend Less
  • Give More
  • Love All

To find out more about this movement, visit www.adventconspiracy.org


To be continued in Part 3 (Some Ideas To Help You Simplify). I will be offering some practical suggestions and ideas on how to keep Christmas simple...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home