My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 4, 2009

My Walmart and Target Trips!

If you have been reading this blog for any length of time, you know something about me....

I hate going to Walmart. I don't shop there very often. It's so stressful and so crowded (at least the one where I live). I can get almost everything cheaper at Publix or CVS by matching coupons with killer deals.

Once every 2 or 3 months, however, I venture out to Walmart to get a few things. Last night was one of these nights. There were a couple of deals that I have been wanting to get, and my coupons were about to expire, so I decided it was time. I also stopped by Target while I was out.

Here's what I got at Walmart:

(1) package Printer Paper
(2) cans of Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
(2) bottles Welch's Sparkling grape juice

I was so excited about the Sparkling grape juice. The bottles are red and green, and all cute for winter/Christmas with snowflakes on them. I love Welch's sparkling grape juice. It is usually about $3.29 at my Publix. Walmart had it for $2.97 a bottle, and I had $2/1 coupons! So I got each bottle for only $.97! What a steal! I use coconut milk all the time, since I cook a lot of foreign cuisine (especially Indian curries). I had 2 awesome $1/1 coupons for Thai Kitchen that were about to expire as well, so I picked up each can for about $.40!

I also went to Target, and I got:

(5) Glade holiday candles
(2) packages Rayovac batteries
(2) cans Steaz iced tea

I was finally able to do the Glade holiday candle deal. They didn't have the items that I had the best coupons for, where it could be a moneymaker with the gift card, but that's okay. I still only paid $8 for the candles, and got back $5, so that's pretty good. I was really wanting some nice Christmas scents for our home. =) I got the Rayovac batteries and Steaz iced tea for free with coupons.

Overall, with Target and Walmart combined, I spent $15.01 (and saved $20.18) last night. I also got back a $5 Target gift card, so technically I spent $10.01 overall. When budgeting, though, I always count the full amount that I spend out of pocket. Even though I'm getting money back, I'm still having to pay out of pocket up front.

Stay tuned for Super Savings Saturday tomorrow, where I will share my Publix grocery trip for the week, and add up all my spending for the week (including this trip)!

What about you? Have you been able to grab any great deals at Target or Walmart lately???

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home