My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Super Savings Saturday

Each Saturday, I will be joining other bloggers to share my weekly savings. This is not a post to brag about what I have saved. It is a post to show you how much you can truly save from using coupons, and to encourage you in learning how to save! It is also a great form of accountability for me to stick to my weekly budget!

My Publix Trip:


Here's what I bought:
  • 2 packages Green Giant frozen veggies
  • 2 packages Pillsbury Toaster Strudel
  • 4 boxes General Mills cereals
  • 2 boxes Kellogg's cereals
  • 2 Yoplait Delights (4 pk)
  • 2 TGIF frozen snacks
  • 4 Ronzoni healthy harvest multigrain pasta
  • 1 lb snow crab legs
  • 1 package domino sugar
  • 5 lb red potatoes
  • 2 containers Philadelphia Cream Cheese
  • 4 packages Planters trail mix
  • 1 Publix unsalted butter (4 sticks)
  • 2 packages Chex Mix
  • 1 container red raspberries
  • 2 Publix half gallon of Orange Juice
  • 1 package baby carrots
  • 1 package celery
  • 2 Old El Paso taco kits
  • 1 Jalapeno pepper
  • 1 1/2 lb bananas
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 cucumber
  • 2 tomatoes
  • 1 garlic bulb
  • 1 red onion
  • 3 free publix reusable shopping bags
Total before coupons and sales: $111.10
Total after sales: $69.98
Manufacturer's coupons used: $14.45
Store/competitor's coupons used: $12.97
Total paid: $42.56


My Target Trip:

Here's what I bought at sale prices:
  • 5 boxes of Kashi Cereal - $2.88 each
  • 2 Johnson's Soap Buddies - $.97 each
  • 1 Glade Candle - $2.49
  • 4 packages crystal light on-the-go - $.99 each
Coupons used: $17.37
Total Paid out of pocket: $5.96
Total Savings (bottom of receipt): $25.78

Got back a $5 giftcard after transaction.
Paid $5.96, received $5 back!

Weekly savings summary:

At Publix, I spent $42.56.
At Target, I spent $5.96 (I still count this as out of pocket, even though I got the giftcard back).

Total spent this week: $48.52! I'm under my $50 weekly budget! I didn't go to CVS or Walgreens this week, as there wasn't much that I wanted to get. This was a big week at Publix for us. Everything balanced out, though, so that we stayed under budget!

What about you? How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below!

Want to see how others save as well? Many bloggers join Money Saving Mom in her "Super Savings Saturday" every week! Check it out!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Excellent job with Publix! I have GOT to look at your Publix posts a little closer so I can try this!

September 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM  
Blogger Jan Sears said...

You are amazing! Kaylee steals my Sunday coupons everyweek! She's an awesome shoppper too! I've got to take more advantage of savings that are out there! The RUSH has me tied up....but I'm stoked now to break loose and get focused on finding deals! YOU GO GIRL!

September 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Thanks guys. ANYBODY can do it! I promise you! Just collect coupons and follow along with the deals. =] It does take a little bit of time, but it's well worth it!

September 20, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home