My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Supermarket Secrets: Part Five

Some of you might be overwhelmed after reading the Supermarket Secrets series. That was a very in-depth explanation. I would encourage you to simply follow along on this blog, watch the deals that I post with easy-to-understand coupon match-ups, and then get out there and see what it's like to save! You will learn all of the details over time.

To provide a very simple explanation of how all of this is put together in action, I wanted to explain my weekly plan. Here is what I basically do every week in regards to shopping and saving:

1. Make a menu plan for the dinners. These dinners are made out of what I already have stockpiled in the freezer and pantry. Lunches and breakfasts are mostly already taken care of from stockpiling sale items as well.

2. Make a list of the few items that I still need in order to make the dinners.

3. Go to my favorite blogs and/or Hot Coupon World forums to find what sale items are almost free with coupons.

4. Add these sale items to my list.

5. Cut out and/or print coupons that I need for my grocery trip.

6. Go shopping!

I also go to CVS every week. Some weeks I make a Target run on the way home from work. I also go to Walgreens when there's a really great deal. For the most part, though, I prefer CVS. These three stores are how I get all of my household, beauty, and health supplies for free. See CVS Basics and Walgreens Basics for more info.

I post the deals for CVS, Walgreens, Target, and Publix every week on this blog.

Just for the record, and to give you an idea of my savings, my weekly grocery budget (including all of the above stores) is $35.

Hope that helps!!!

This has been a very in-depth and long five-part post on grocery shopping. I hope it was simple enough to understand. Should you have any further questions, always feel free to e-mail me at frugalfunfortune@gmail.com. Happy supermarket shopping!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home