My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Share Your Savings Saturday - My (almost) no-coupons Publix trip, CVS, and Walgreens!



This week has been crazy, so when I got home on Tuesday night I was just not in the mood to go to the grocery store. Plus, I had to do CVS and Walgreens runs (deals way too great to pass up this week). Then I remembered that the Publix ad is running for 10 days, so next week's trip will be the same sale when I go shop! Therefore, I came up with a great idea...

I decided not to use any coupons on this week's trip at Publix, so that I could make it easy on myself. I didn't have to prep before I went, no coupons to clip, nothing. I just grabbed my weekly menu plan, and headed out to the store. As you can see, I picked up almost all produce. I used a few competitor coupons, but that's all. I will pick up the coupon/sale items at next week's trip. It was nice to have a break this week, though. I think everybody should do a "no coupons" trip every once in a while, just to prevent coupon burnout!

On a side note...After I handed the cashier the few competitor's coupons, she looked at me with a shocked face and said, "That's all?" LOL. She couldn't believe I didn't have another stack of manufacturer coupons to hand over to her (I always divide mine into 2 piles to make it easier on them - store and manufacturer). Funny!

Anyways, here is what I bought at Publix this week (pictured above):

2 bags Doritos
1 bag Santitas tortilla chips
1 box Saltines (just craving them, for some reason!)
1 package Romaine lettuce
1 red bell pepper
1 bunch bananas
1 bunch cilantro
3 onions
2 apples
2 limes
1 tomato
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
5 oranges
1 bunch grapes
1 avocado
1 package walnuts
1 green bell pepper
1 Publix salsa
1 loaf bread
1 cracker barrel cheese
1 package butter
1 package mushrooms

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $51.82
Total saved from sales: $9.79
Manufacturer coupons used: $0
Store/Competitor coupons used: $9.75
Total amount saved: $19.54
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $32.28

I also bought a gas card, but didn't factor that into this trip. That comes out of the gas budget, not the grocery budget. =) I also stopped by Walgreens and CVS this week. Below you'll find the progress on that:


CVS Trip (pictured above):
Total paid out of pocket: $1.72
Total saved: $42.39
ECB I walked away with: $11.50




Walgreens Trip (pictured
above):
Total paid out of pocket: $7.34
Total saved: $28.56
RR I walked away with: $5

So with Publix, CVS, and Walgreens combined, I spent a total of $41.34 (and saved $90.49)! Definitely under budget this week! Yay!

April
Totals:

1st Week: $41.34

Total spent for month of April so far: $41.34
Total savings for month of April so far: $90.49

New to saving money on groceries? Try this series for helpful information on how to save.

Not sure how to use coupons? Try this post for couponing basics!

Want to start saving at Publix? Check out the Publix Basics post to learn all about it!

What About You: How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below by either linking up to your blog or commenting!

Note about linking to your blog: Please leave a link that goes directly to your savings post, rather than your home page, so that everybody can easily see your great deals! =)

Looking forward to seeing how some of you save each week!

***If you are reading this post by e-mail or reader, you will need to click over to the actual blog post in order to see everybody's links!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home