My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Veggie Delights -- Flatbread Topped With Salad


What Veggie Delights is all about: I'm convinced that I can share with you some really amazing meatless dishes that you will love, even if you're not a Vegetarian!

Let's just be honest. I've been slacking on this Veggie Delights feature! No worries, though - I've been taking pictures and have lots of delicious meals in store for you!

This was a meal I made about a month ago. It was our first time trying it, and my husband and I both loved it. Very simple, light, tasty, and filling.

I found the recipe for the salad mix in Good Housekeeping Favorite Recipes: Vegetarian Meals. I used this Flatbread recipe from All Recipes. The two made a great pair. I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but the two recipes mixed wonderfully!

*Salad Mix Recipe*

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp mustard (I left this out)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
6 cups salad greens (I estimated)
2 ripe medium tomatoes
1 small cucumber

Directions:

1. Prepare salad dressing by whisking together the first 6 ingredients in a bowl until blended.
2. Cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Peel cucumber, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
4. Mix lettuce, cucumber, and tomato into the dressing! That's all there is to it!

*Flatbread Recipe*

I followed this bread machine recipe exactly as written on All Recipes! Very easy!

Once the bread is ready, simply cut it into serving-size pieces and top the bread with the mixed up salad! So yummy!

One tip: For the flatbread, if you decide to use a cookie-type sheet to bake it, I suggest spraying a little bit of non-stick oil on it before placing the dough on it for baking. It was quite difficult to remove from the pan. ;)

What About You: Enjoy, and let me know if you like it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home