My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Plan Monday!


Why is Menu Planning so important, and how does it affect a grocery budget? If you've been asking yourself what the big deal is about menu planning when I share my menu with you each week, be sure to go visit A Few Short Cuts to check out the guest post I did on menu planning a couple of weeks ago. I think it will help shed some light on this subject for you...

Kind of a hodge-podge week for us. Trying to work with what I already have on hand, and trying to keep it easy as it's a busy week for us! Reverting to many all-time easy favorites (That unfortunately don't have links. Sorry!)

Here is what I have on the menu:


Monday - TLT Sandwich (Tempeh, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwiches. Left over meal from last week's menu!)

Tuesday - Twice Baked Potatoes, Steamed Veggies, Wheat Rolls

Wednesday - Quinoa and Black Beans

Thursday - Homemade Veggie Pizza using this bread machine pizza dough recipe

Friday - Homemade Pitas stuffed with salad/veggies

Saturday - Morningstar Black Bean Burgers (easy night!) and side veggies

Sunday - Strawberry Feta Salad

We do cook Vegetarian (although we eat seafood from time to time). To read more about how this affects our budget, check this post out.

What About You: Got anything delicious planned for this week? Feel free to share recipes!

Want some more inspiration for menu planning? Visit Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie's website! 400+ bloggers gather there every Monday to share their ideas!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeddie said...

Today I cooked up a storm for my "Fresh Start in March" attempt to menu plan and freeze ahead (for the first time ever!). Although I've just cooked up five or so Mexican-esque dishes, tomorrow I'm aiming to get my hands on a recipe I've been eying for quite some time: Fiesta Chowder (vegetarian friendly I might add).

Fiesta Chowder
(Recipe #88184 at Recipezaar.com)
1 can black beans
1 can refried beans
3 cups chicken (or veggie) broth, homemade or canned or bouillon
1 cup salsa
1 1/2 cups frozen corn or 1 can corn, drained

1. Simmer all ingredients for 10-15 minutes
2. Serve with sour cream, tortilla chips (like those awesome $2 chips!), grated cheese, etc.

Prep time: 5 min; Done in: 15 min.
Yield: 4-6

I might have to get creative with the broth situation and use veggie broth mixed with some homemade bouillon water. I'll let you all know how this turns out.

March 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your menu plan sounds delicious.

I really enjoy MPM because I'm able to get loads of recipe ideas.

Just another reason for loving blogging.

Well, I've got to get back to some window shopping on QVC. They have a beautiful water fountain for indoors and outdoors.

March 20, 2010 at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home