My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Reader Shares Her Publix Savings (and uses Knox coupons wisely)!

Sarah e-mailed me about her incredible trip to Publix this week. I'm very impressed. =) She was lucky enough to receive some of those $4/1 Knox coupons in the 1-24-10 RP. If you're unfamiliar with the beauty of the $4 Knox coupon, you can go read this post that fully explains why it is so spectacular to use at Publix! (Basically, it's like a coupon for almost $3 off of your entire grocery bill. I've used them countless times before. The link to the above post is from a printable Knox coupon that was available a while back).

Anyways, here is what Sarah bought:

2 Contessa frozen meals
2 Pillsbury toaster strudels
1 box Fruity Pebbles
1 box Honey Combs
2 loaves Pepperidge Farm bread
4 Juicy Juices
I bag of Wonka gummies
I can of Pam cooking spray
6 boxes Knox gelatin
1 Hunts ketchup
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
2 bottles Kraft BBQ sauce
1 gallon Milk
1 bunch of bananas
2 Boxes Honey Grahams
2 boxes Aleve
1 12 pack of Fanta
2 12 packs of Diet Coke

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $101.50
Total saved from sales: $36.12
Manufacturer coupons used: $38.95
Store/Competitor coupons used: $6.75
Total amount saved: $81.82
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $19.68

Did you catch that??? She paid $19.68 for $101.50 worth of groceries. Now that's my kind of shopping! I'm sure you can also see how amazingly wonderful that Knox coupon is. She used 6 of them on the 6 boxed gelatins, giving her approximately $15.66 in overage! ***Your Publix has to allow overage for this to work. It just depends on your store. Some allow it, others do not.

Way to go, Sarah! =)

If you haven't given Publix a chance yet, you might want to consider it. You can go here to learn all about Publix couponing and deal-making. I also post the best deals every week.

And don't forget...If you're totally brand new to couponing, you can check out this post on Couponing Basics and this series on how to save money on groceries!

What About You: Want to share your savings? Feel free to e-mail me with a picture (try to fit it all into one pic, if you can) and summary of what you bought and saved, and I will try to post it! I usually pick out one reader's savings each week to highlight! (My e-mail is listed under the "about me" section on the right)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I wish I had a Publix near me. :( I always heard such great things about it and now, I'm seeing what great deals you can get!

February 2, 2010 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Too bad my Publix doesn't allow overage! That was a great trip!!

February 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Sara said...

WOW! I never realized the value of a Knox coupon. I have 8 of them from the 1/24 inserts!! I just need to find a store that lets me get that much overage...I've found it usually depends on the cashier and not the store itself. Hmmm...

February 4, 2010 at 12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home