My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Super Savings Saturday: Eat From The Pantry (Week 2)


Well...I made it through week 2 of the Eat From The Pantry Challenge. So far, I have stuck to my plans and goals! As you saw from my confession earlier this week, I was definitely tempted by many great buys this week at Publix. I never realized how hard it is for me to let go of a good deal. I am learning, though. This is really good for me, I think.

Here is what I bought at Publix this week:

2 packs lightbulbs, 4-packs (free!)
4 Chobani Yogurts (free!)
2 Spray Butters (the one deal I gave in on - $.50 each)
1 bag of potatoes (5 lb)
2 bags Kraft Shredded Cheese
1 bunch green onions (needed for a meal)
2 limes (needed for a meal)
1 bunch celery

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $27.55
Total saved from sales: $10.18
Manufacturer coupons used: $9.00
Store/Competitor coupons used: $1.00
Total amount saved: $20.18
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $7.37

I paid a little more than I wanted to, so next week is going to be really tough. Here are my totals for the Eat From The Pantry Challenge so far:
Week 1 (Jan 10th - 16th): $26.49
Week 2 (Jan 17th - 23rd): $7.37
***So far I have spent $33.86 out of the $35 budget I set for the 3 weeks of this challenge. And yes, that means...I only have $1.14 remaining for next week's groceries! OUCH! I'm going to be honest - I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off. I sure am going to try, though. That Frugal Failure just really messed me up!

Here we go...only one more week remaining of eating from the pantry...

And let me just tell you - if you've never tried it, you definitely should. It's fun and challenging, plus it helps you save money and stretch your budget farther than you ever imagined possible! I also think it's good for our hearts. It helps put things into perspective. I feel as if I'm having to go without, yet I am wealthier and better fed than most people in the world. Just today, my husband told me about a conversation he had with a friend of his who just got back from Tanzania. These people literally save 2 or 3 grains of rice, mix it up with mud to make patties, give their children one spoonful as their nourishment for the entire day, and send them out for a full day's work of about 16 hours. I definitely have nothing to complain about...

New to saving money on groceries? Try this series for helpful information on how to save.

Not sure how to use coupons? Try this post for couponing basics!

Want to start saving at Publix? Check out the Publix Basics post to learn all about it!

What about you? How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below! If you are new to saving money, I invite you to e-mail me with a picture and explanation of a great deal you got, so that I can share it with everyone! Go here to see some readers' savings. They do so great! We're all in this together!!! =)

Want to see how others save as well? Many bloggers join Money Saving Mom in her "Super Savings Saturday" every week! Check it out!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home