My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Confession...

I just got back from Publix. I was extremely tempted...by the:

Cheez-Its
Smart Ones Entrees (surprise sale at my store)
Healthy Choice Entrees
Green Giant Frozen Veggies
Lender's Bagels
Smucker's Preserves
Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa
Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
Tostitos Salsa
Quaker Chewy Granola Bars

All killer deals, all yummy foods. All things I need at the moment, because my pantry or fridge does not contain them. I could have looked at my receipt and seen a giant dollar amount of savings...

But guess what? I didn't give in! I only spent $7 (leaving only $3 for next week! Ouch!) And that, my friends, is a lot less than $35!!! I didn't get to see killer savings on my receipt this week, but I sure did save by not spending!

This Eat From The Pantry thing is much harder than I thought, but only because of my Frugal Failure last week. It sure is a challenge, though!

Stay tuned for Super Savings Saturday this week (come quickly, weekend). I'll tell you more about my shopping trip (and I actually remembered to take the picture this time!)...

Are you trying to eat from the pantry right now? How is your grocery budget coming?

Now, excuse me while I go make delicious Crab Legs, Rice, and Steamed Veggies! =) Be back later for some more deals...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you only spend $7.00 dollars i try so hard to do want you do but i still spend $40.00 dollars because my household is five people in it but i still save $110.oo dollars everytime i go to publix.i don't get the stuff i don't need but still alot of it i do need please help me be more like you!!!

January 19, 2010 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

You're doing GREAT! Spending $40 and saving $110 is incredible, especially for a family of 5! My normal weekly grocery budget is $35 a week for TWO people!

Don't be down on yourself. Everybody is different. =)

January 19, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home