My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Super Savings Saturday!!!

This week was such an easy shopping trip to Publix. I already had all the meals I needed, because I had left some for my husband while I went out of town. I came home, and he hadn't eaten any of them! He snacked the whole time I was gone, and ate over at his parents' house quite often. That made it easy on me this week, because I just used all of those meals that I had made/planned already.

So, I just hit up the best deals, and this is what I ended up buying (pictured above):

2 packages Fusion snack mix
4 packages Alexia snacks
4 boxes Fiber One cereal
3 Jell-o Mousse Temptations
2 boxes Cheez-Its
2 six packs of Musselman's apple sauce
3 boxes hot pockets
1 California Pizza for one
1 package Viva Paper towels (8 pack)
1 box of Kleenex
2 Pomegranates (yum!)
1 bunch of bananas
2 packages Kotex pads
1 Publix water (2.5 gallons, not pictured. oops!)
2 Scotch gift wrap tapes
1 gallon milk

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $103.06
Total saved from sales: $41.29
Manufacturer coupons used: $28.13
Store/Competitor coupons used: $12.50
Total amount saved: $81.92
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $21.14

*We also made a quick trip to Walmart and Target. You can view pictures and details of that trip HERE. At Walmart and Target, we spent a total of $15.01, saved $20.18, and got back a $5 gift card.

***Therefore, with Publix, Walmart, and Target combined this week...we spent a total of $36.15 out of pocket (I'm not counting the $5 gift card we got back at Target).

December Totals:

1st week: $36.15

Total spent for month of December so far: $36.15
Total savings for month of December so far: $102.10

Looks like we're a tad bit over out $35 weekly budget, but it's the beginning of the month, and I can make up for it over the next couple of weeks!

New to saving money on groceries? Try this series for helpful information on how to save.

Not sure how to use coupons? Try this post for couponing basics!

Want to start saving at Publix? Check out the Publix Basics post to learn all about it!

What about you? How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below! If you are new to saving money, I invite you to e-mail me with a picture and explanation of a great deal you got, so that I can share it with all of the readers! Go here to see some readers' savings! They all do so great! We're all in this together!!! =)

Want to see how others save as well? Many bloggers join Money Saving Mom in her "Super Savings Saturday" every week! Check it out!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you elaborate on the $81.92? None of these items were BOGO, how did you do it?

December 5, 2009 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Hi! =)

The savings are all broken down my category in the post. I saved $41.29 on advertised sales (bogo sales and other sales combined). Then I used $28.13 in manufacturer coupons, and $12.50 in store coupons.

Many of these items were BOGO: Fusion snacks, Alexia snacks, Cheez-Its, Apple Sauce, Pomegranates, Kotex pads, and Scotch gift wrap tape. Some of the other items were just great prices combined with coupons. For example, the Jell-O, cereal, and hot pockets were all a great price...plus I had good coupons for them.

This savings trips is from last week's sale, not the current one. Maybe you're looking at the current sale this week? I usually shop at the grocery store some time between Sunday and Wednesday, so when I post my savings on Saturday, it is from the previous sale ad. Does that make sense?

I hope that helps! =) Let me know if you need some more elaboration. I'm here to help!

December 5, 2009 at 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Meagan, I thought it was this current Saturday's trip, so that explains it all! This is my first week starting your coupon program, so I honestly couldn't have told you what was on sale last week at Publix, haha!

December 6, 2009 at 4:55 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Haha! No problem at all. I get that question a lot on my Super Savings posts. =) I wish I could make it easier on people by posting what I buy for the current ad, but I just can't ever seem to make it to the grocery store before Saturday when I post this. Oh well!

So glad you're getting into couponing. Hope you enjoy it! If you're just starting, this week's sales are terrible compared to usual, just so you know. =) It will get better!!! The holidays are always pretty slow for grocery sales, for some reason.

December 6, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home