My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Super Savings Saturday (a day late)

Crystal did not do Super Savings Saturday again this week, because of Christmas. And I took a couple of days off from blogging. So, this is my Super Savings Saturday...it's just on Sunday night instead of Saturday morning!

It wasn't a great sale week, and I didn't plan any meals (because of the Christmas activities going on all week). I pretty much just grabbed the absolute best deals I saw...

Here is what I bought at Publix last week:

2 boxes Reese's Puffs cereal (my hubby's guilty pleasure)
2 packages Ocean Spray craisins
1 bag gold potatoes (5 lb bag)
10 tangerines
1 gallon milk
2 packages Kraft shredded cheese
2 boxes Orville Redenbacher popcorn
2 boxes Duncan Hines cake mix
2 boxes (4 sticks in each) I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
4 boxes Muellers Pasta
1 Breakstone sour cream (16 oz)
5 sweet potatoes
1 lb snow crab legs
2 packages Philadelphia cream cheese
4 cans Swanson vegetable broth
4 cans Del Monte diced tomatoes
4 cans Del Monte corn
1 water (2.5 gallons)

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $94.09
Total saved from sales: $44.07
Manufacturer coupons used: $14.55
Store/Competitor coupons used: $8.50
Total amount saved: $67.12
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $26.97

*I didn't make it to CVS this week. I took a break from couponing and bargain hunting. It was nice! So this Publix trip is the only money I spent on groceries this week.

December Totals:

1st week: $36.15
2nd week: $29.73
3rd week: $27.86
4th week: $26.97

Total spent for month of December so far: $120.71
Total savings for month of December so far: $413.61

We're under budget for the week and the month so far! =)

New to saving money on groceries? Try this series for helpful information on how to save.

Not sure how to use coupons? Try this post for couponing basics!

Want to start saving at Publix? Check out the Publix Basics post to learn all about it!

What about you? How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below! If you are new to saving money, I invite you to e-mail me with a picture and explanation of a great deal you got, so that I can share it with everyone! Go here to see some readers' savings. They do so great! We're all in this together!!! =)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

You did good. I miss it. I haven't been to publix in 3 or 4 weeks. We've being eating from our stock I've built from the last few months. The freezer is getting low again so it's about time to get back into the action!

December 31, 2009 at 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home