My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Welcome Actions News Viewers!!!

Just wanted to give a warm welcome to all local Jacksonville Action News Fox30 and CBS47 viewers! I hope you enjoy the site and find helpful ways to save money!
You can find everything you need in the column to the right labeled "Looking For Something Specific?" This is all of my posts labeled by category. I recommend starting with:
  • Coupon Basics - The ins and outs of everything couponing. Start here if you've brand new to the art of couponing.
  • Supermarket Secrets - A 5 part series that explains more in depth how to save money on groceries, regardless of which store you shop at. It explains cycles of sales, how to know what a great deal is, and stockpiling.
  • Publix Basics - This is the basic info on how couponing works at Publix. My favorite store to shop at is Publix. This is how I save thousands of dollars a year on my groceries.
  • CVS basics and Walgreens basics - These 2 drug stores enable you to get all of your household items, toiletries, health and beauty, etc. for practically free. Read these 2 posts to learn how to "work the system" without ever paying more than a couple dollars out of pocket again!
So those are some great places to start. I know it can be overwhelming, but take your time! =)

Thanks for visiting, and welcome!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Av a Nize Day said...

WOW! I just "breezed through" your site and I am in AWE! I look forward to the challenge and the savings!
Thank you for sharing! and thanks to Action News!

November 24, 2009 at 10:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOVED the news video!!! I've saved a lot, but obviously still have a LOT to learn! Thanks for being such a great teacher!!

November 24, 2009 at 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this on the news and had to check it out for myself. I've seen on t.v. before where people clip coupons saving them tons of money and I always think to myself how I could really benefit from doing it and how it is really a need for my family. But I learn by watching and doing. I'm trying so hard to understand what I'm reading but what would help me the most is if I could watch you or you could show me in person. I know that's a weird request but it's true. I live in middleburg with my husband of 12 years. I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and my husband is in Utility Construction. We are faithful in going to church (Freedom Baptist in Keystone). I guess I'm telling you those things so you can sort of get an idea of who I am. If you are uncomfortable with helping me in person, I totally understand. But, i thought I would ask. I definitely could use your help in learning how to do this so that I can also help my sister. My husband lost his job over the summer (got it back a month later, but that month was the scariest ever for us) we trust the Lord to take care of us but that is a hard place to be. I've had to go to the food bank myself for a while and I wish I could donate to them as you mentioned. And as far as helping my sister, she's a single mother of 3 trying so hard to find a job. I justknow she and I can do it together if you could get us started. Anyway, sorry for rambling on :) My phone # is 291-5032 and my email is paul_tara@bellsouth.net Like I said earlier, I do understand if you can't help me in person, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks so much,
tara

November 25, 2009 at 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw your story on the news tonight. You are very smart to figure this all out, and kind, to share your knowledge and shopping skills with others. I plan to study your blog and use your tips to save some money. I plan to share this blog addy with my sisters! Thank you!

Linda in Jax

November 25, 2009 at 1:30 AM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Thanks for visiting, and for all of the encouraging and nice comments. =) I appreciate it! Glad the site is helping you out. And thanks to those of you who are spreading the word about my blog and introducing others to saving money. Look forward to getting to know some of you!

November 27, 2009 at 12:53 AM  
Anonymous Elizabeth @ The Thrifty Divas said...

Hi, Meagan! Congrats on being included in the news in Jax! How exciting! I am so sorry I missed it! Do you have a link to it? I'd love to see it! :)

I really enjoy following your site and as a money-saving mom blogger in the Jax area also - it's great to know we're all saving money!

Take care and happy savings!

~ Elizabeth @ The Thrifty Divas

December 2, 2009 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Hey Elizabeth! Yeah, I posted the link to the video and write-up here:

http://frugalfunandfortune.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-news-interview.html

I didn't know you were in Jax! How cool! =)

December 2, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

And thanks so much!

December 2, 2009 at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home