My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Menu Plan Monday!

For those of you who haven't been following along, this is the last week of my $20/week grocery challenge for the entire month of October. I have had a lot of fun stretching the budget this month, and it has been very eye-opening. I will be doing a summary post at the end of this week, reflecting on the past month's budgeting and grocery shopping. =)

We're keeping it extremely simply this week. I have a few meals that I didn't use the past two weeks, for one reason or another. My husband and I both have a very busy week, so a couple of nights we're "fending for ourselves." This simply means eating quick easy-to-make meals out of the pantry and/or freezer. Some examples might be bagel bites, Viola frozen meals, cereal, salads, leftovers, etc.

Here is the menu for this week:


Monday: Hubby is working late. I'm fending for myself. Then we are going to visit some friends for the evening.

Tuesday: I am going to dinner with a friend. Hubby will be fending for himself. (And I'll probably bring him home leftovers, because we always split when we go out just me and him).

Wednesday: Mexican Casserole (minus the chicken)

Thursday: Dinner with family (we do this every week)

Friday: Mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, steamed veggies, salad, and whole wheat rolls

Saturday: Spaghetti with yummy crockpot sauce (minus the beef substitute crumbles), bread, and salad (meal from last week that we never ate)

Sunday: Santa Fe Chili with tortilla chips (frozen leftovers from a few weeks ago)

As always, feel free to e-mail me if there is a recipe you would like that does not have a link. Also, I tweak the recipes quite a bit from the original. Feel free to e-mail me about that as well, if you have any questions about what changes make each recipe a little better (in my opinion)! =)

Want some more inspiration for menu planning? Visit Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie's website! 250+ bloggers gather there every Monday to share their ideas!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much from Charles, Marcus and I for sharing your grocery shopping tips.
I just posted a highlight of several of the responses that I received.
Just wanted you to know that I provided a link back to your blog.
I have several friends in the same boat as us ~ asking questions and have referred them.

October 26, 2009 at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home