My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday!

As we continue on into our second week of eating from the pantry and spending only $20/week on groceries...We're taking it pretty easy.

Life has been quite stressful for me and my husband lately. We decided to make this week a "quiet and calm week." We are saying "no" to everything, staying at home all week, getting some stuff done around the house, spending some time together, and keeping the meals really simple and quick.

Here is the menu for this week:


Monday: Father-in-law's birthday dinner!

Tuesday: Chicken parmesan (still trying to finish up the last of that chicken!)

Wednesday: Indian shrimp curry over rice

Thursday: Santa Fe chili (frozen from a previous meal)

Friday: Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches

Saturday: Fried pasta with parmesan cheese (a favorite of mine and my husband's from when we were dating, and it's the only thing I knew how to cook!), salad, and homemade french bread

Sunday: Shrimp cocktail, raw veggies and dip, crackers and cheese

As always, feel free to e-mail me if there is a recipe you would like that does not have a link. Also, I tweak the recipes quite a bit from the original. Feel free to e-mail me about that as well, if you have any questions about what changes make each recipe a little better (in my opinion)! =)

Want some more inspiration for menu planning? Visit Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie's website! 250+ bloggers gather there every Monday to share their ideas!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please.....how do you make fried pasta with parmesan....sounds very interesting!
Thanks
Dy
timzladee@carolina.rr.com

October 13, 2009 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Hey Dy!

It's very easy!

1. Boil pasta (we like to use either bowties or rotini).

2. Drain the pasta.

3. Put a little oil in a pan. Pour pasta into the pan and basically "saute" it in the oil! You can cook it for as long as you want. I like mine really crispy and slightly browned, so I cook mine for quite a while. Just be sure to constantly toss/stir as it cooks, or the bottom pieces will burn!

4. Put fried pasta on plate. Sprinkle fresh shredded parmesan cheese on top to cover.

5. Put in oven on low heat setting for a couple minutes, so that the cheese can melt over the pasta.

6. Salt to taste.

There you have it! So Yummy!!! Enjoy!

October 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fried Pasta...I'll have to show our teen your recipe. He loves pastas.
The $20 a wk that you spend, what items are you purchasing?
My family is living on a very tight budget so I'm always interested in grocery shopping tips.

October 13, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Hi Rona!!!

I hope your son likes the pasta. =)

As far as groceries, check out these posts that might help you out with grocery shopping tips:

Supermarket Secrets: How To Save Money on Groceries (It's a 5 part series)

Stockpile Challenge (You can read about the progress of this $20 challenge I'm doing)

Super Savings Saturdays (gives you an idea of what items I am purchasing each week)

Coupon Basics

You can find all of these on the right side bar under "Looking For Something?".

Right now I'm challenging myself to spend $20 a week for the month of October. Our normal budget is $50 a week. The secret to saving is building a stockpile from sales and coupons over time. I pay next to nothing for almost everything I buy. Right now, I have such a stockpile, that I am planning meals from what I have on hand. The $20 is either amazing killer deals, or fresh produce.

Check out those posts, though! Those should help you out and give you an idea! Let me know if you have any other questions!

October 13, 2009 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Meagan!

October 14, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home