My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Freely Giving Friday: Helping Out A Family In Need

It's time for Freely Giving Friday!!! Go here for an explanation of what Freely Giving Friday is all about!


Just recently our church decided to sponsor a refugee family from Ethiopia. They arrived here about a month or so ago. We basically help give them what they need, drive them around, teach them English and life skills, build relationships and friendships with them, and help them become self-sufficient! World Relief is the organization that we are partnering with. They are wonderful!

Our Ethiopian friends are so sweet and beautiful. We went to see them this week, and we're already very attached to them. There is one mom, 3 girls (19, 14, and 11), and 2 boys (5 and 9 months). We had so much fun visiting them! I just wanted to share with you in a picture what we were able to take to them.

Everything that you see pictured above probably cost us a total of maybe $10. This is hundreds of dollars worth of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, feminine care products, diapers, baby wipes, baby soap, toothbrushes, toothpastes, lotion, body spray, toilet paper, paper towels, deodorant, and all types of pantry foods.

See what couponing can enable you to give? These are just items we have collected along the way each week as we coupon within our weekly $50 grocery budget! What a blessing couponing truly can be!!!

Do you have any stories about how couponing has enabled you to give more to others? If so, feel free to comment below! Or, e-mail me with your story, and I will use it as a guest post on the next Freely Giving Friday!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

That's such a great inspiration! I think you've found your calling.

October 2, 2009 at 11:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

What a GREAT idea!!!! I love it, love it, love it! I was able to give the Salvation Army over $200 WORTH of stuff about 3 months ago that probably cost me about 1/5 of that cost and more recently I was able to give 4 grocery bags of non-perishables to a girl's family in our small group who has lost a job and are declaring bankruptcy. Now more than ever, I'm so happy to be able to help others out with coupons. Next time I hear of an opportunity or think to take pictures I'll let you know. Thank you!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.blogspot.com

October 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Thanks Heather! That's awesome about what you were able to give! Yeah, send me a pic and info next time! I'd love to post about it. =)

October 4, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home