My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My weekly CVS trip!


I will be posting my deals every week, so that you can get an idea of how it all works out in real action. Like I said on my CVS deals post for this week, I think it's a pretty bland week. I didn't buy very much, but I got a few freebies! Here's how my deal went down:

What I Bought:


1 CoverGirl Clean pressed powder - $4.99
1 CoverGirl True Blend blush - $7.99
1 Schick ST3 triple slim razors (10 pack) - $6.99
2 Quattro for women razors - $9.99 (bogo)

Total before coupons = $29.96 (and that's with the sale price of the buy one get one razors!)

Coupons Used:

(1) $1/1 CoverGirl product
(1) Buy one CoverGirl foundation, get any face makeup free ($7.99 blush)
(2) $4/1 Schick Quattro razor = $8 total
(1) $3/1 Schick disposable razors

ECBs Used: $10.48
Total amount in coupons (including ECBs) = $30.47

I had a subtotal of -51 cents. This is not usually possible. Now that I'm looking at it, I didn't even realize that happened, because normally the cashier lets me know that I have gone below the tax amount. Weird! Maybe she pushed the last coupon through for me, and I didn't know.

Total paid out of pocket: $1.29 (all tax)

Amount of extra bucks I received back: $6.00

So, let's summarize: I spent $1.29 out of pocket, and got back $6.00 in ECBs. So that's really good! However, I don't consider this making money, because I had to use $10.48 in ECBs to get my total down that low. So I lost about $4.00 in ECBs, but that's okay! I still have a nice stash of them on top of the newly acquired $6.00! I just didn't need to use them all for this transaction. =]

I hope that helped you see how much you can save, by seeing a real example played out step by step.

How about you? Snag any great deals at CVS this week? Share about it in the comments section! Or link back to your blog about it, if you have one!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home