My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Santitas Tortilla Chips -- The Loop Hole!


Wow I look like such a dork! I look like I'm doing a commercial or something. (I wanted to post the crazy-face one, but my hubby said it would scare you guys. So now you have the stone-faced, forced smile one). =/

The point of this picture is to tell you that...Santitas Tortilla Chips ROCK! Why? Because of what the front of the bag says -- $2 ONLY.

For those of you who have been following along, you know I always by brand-name groceries, because you can actually get them much cheaper than any kind of off-brand or generic brand (as long as you use your coupons wisely).

Confession: I am a saltaholic. No seriously, I have a problem. Yeah...totally obsessed with tortilla chips. I've always bought Tostitos, though. I guess I just never really thought to buy anything else, since they always go buy one get one free. The problem? Tostitos don't normally have tons of great coupons for them. A lot of times I find myself buying Tostitos BOGO at Publix, but without a coupon. (Although recently there have been some great tearpad Tostitos coupons in the stores). Also, they aren't one of those items that continually goes on BOGO sale. Usually, I'm waiting around for them to go on sale. It's one of those 16 or 20 week cycles, it seems.

This week I wanted to make Mexican. We didn't have any tortilla chips, though. I was certainly not going to pay full price for a bag of Tostitos tortilla chips. Solution? You're looking at it in the picture above! My friend Blake turned me on to these chips while she was visiting a while back. They are sooo yummy, and they are always $2, no matter what. It's written on the bag, so the store can never change the price of them!! How cool is that?

Tostitos at my store are $3.99, so when they're on sale BOGO, I still pay $2 a bag. So this is a great price for tortilla chips! If you're ever in a bind and need some tortilla chips when they are not on sale that current week, be sure to grab these yummy and inexpensive Santitas chips!

What About You: Ever tried these?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

You have great taste because since we discovered that brand, we always get it now. And you're right...at any store they'll always be $2 whether it's at Publix or Walmart!

March 3, 2010 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Meagan said...

I know! Aren't they so yummy!? Yep, every store - $2. =) Glad somebody else loves them too!

March 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Im a major Tostitos fan, and I also hate the price of them, But am willing to pay- Ill have to try these. I just bought 2 bags BOGO at Publix- yep 2 dollars a bag- tostitos. came with a coupon for $3off dip.

March 4, 2010 at 2:53 AM  
Anonymous Angie Robbins said...

We've been buying them for way over a year! GREAT taste & GREAT price! Love, love, love them!

March 4, 2010 at 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Dian @ Grocery Shop For FREE said...

They are def my favorite! I Love their taste I think they are superior to any of the other tortilla chips out there!

March 4, 2010 at 6:22 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

These are one of my frugal favorites. I can usually pick these up at Ingles for $1.88 :)

March 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM  
Blogger Meagan said...

I'm glad everybody concurs. =) He He

March 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM  
Anonymous Jaymi said...

They are yummy, for sure. But outside of really craving Lime Flavored Tostitos or some of their cool Scoops or whatever, you may as well switch to Santitas permanently. Why? Cause they are a Frito-Lay brand. Yep. Same parent company as Tostitos, and I'd bet you dollars to donuts that the same chips that go in that iconic blue bag are going into this white one.

March 16, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home