My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Super Savings Saturday -- Under Budget For February!



Well, if you read my post about learning how to say no to a deal, you know that I did it -- I stayed under budget for the month of February! Yay!

Here's what I bought at Publix this week (pictured above):

2 packages Wise Cheese Doodles
2 packages Kraft Cheese (16 oz)
2 Knox gelatin
2 Crisco extra virgin olive oil
3 Oikos yogurts
4 canisters Progresso bread crumbs
1 apple
1 red bell pepper
1 garlic bulb
1 head of cabbage
1 bunch bananas
3 Chapsticks
1 package Rico rice
1 package frozen spinach

*Also in the picture: My mother-in-law gave us a huge package of Organic Quinoa, as well as a big container of dry-roasted Edamame (a Vegetarian's favorite snack)!

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $58.43
Total saved from sales: $19.52
Manufacturer coupons used: $13.25
Store/Competitor coupons used: $12.00
Total amount saved: $44.77
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $13.66

I also made a run up to Walgreens today to grab that Right Guard deodorant. I paid a total of $2.34 for 4 deodorants, and had $9.98 in savings.

All in all, with both Publix and Walgreens combined, I spent $16 on groceries this week. Okay, so I'm $.31 over our monthly budget. I think I can deal with that...

February Totals:

1st Week: $97.56 (off to an extremely rough start!)
2nd Week: $16.99
3rd Week: $9.76
4th Week: $16.00

Total spent for month of February: $140.31
Total savings for month of February: $257.62

On to the month of March!

What About You: How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below! If you are new to saving money, I invite you to e-mail me with a picture and explanation of a great deal you got, so that I can share it with everyone! Go here to see some readers' savings. They do so great! We're all in this together!!! =)

New to saving money on groceries? Try this series for helpful information on how to save.

Not sure how to use coupons? Try this post for couponing basics!

Want to start saving at Publix? Check out the Publix Basics post to learn all about it!

Want to see how others save as well? Many bloggers join Money Saving Mom in her "Super Savings Saturday" every week! Check it out!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home