My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Things I Learned In 2009...

Lynn, over at Midday Escapades, came up with a great idea to post "5 Things I Learned In 2009." I started making my list today, and I just couldn't keep it to 5, so mine is a tad bit longer. Here they are, though!

1. Depression is a battle, but the joy of the Lord is my strength.

2. The personal lifestyle choices I make directly affect poverty-stricken people all over the world.

3. Being a vegetarian is fun, encourages creativity, and introduces you to a diversity of foreign cuisine that is delicious and bursting with flavor. (For example, Indian and African food are now my favorite types of food. I would have never thought to try them, otherwise!)

4. When you feel as if you have no purpose in life, pursuing a small project can change everything. This is what blogging has done for me. It became a ministry full of purpose to help those people who literally need couponing to feed their families. Even though I'm not in my career field, I am still helping people. That is my passion, that is what I'm doing, and I'm thankful to God for providing this opportunity. It has been a blast.

5. I have the most wonderful, patient, and sweetest husband in the world. As I come home from work each day, delay dinners, don't keep the house as clean as I used to, and sacrifice time with him so that I can get my hours of blogging done...he never complains and fully supports me. I am very blessed.

6. I need to stop complaining about all the weight I've gained, and do something about it. I'm going to be thin in 2010. =)

7. The simplest life is the only way to live. Simplicity brings so much freedom in life. I no longer need anything. I am content with the basic luxuries of life that God has blessed me with. I no longer have any desire for things, clothes, the latest fashion, the newest gadget, or anything else this consumerism-driven society tries to tell me I need. I have been set free, and I am so much happier. When you throw out the many things that distract, the smaller and most important moments have more room to peek through and shine. The less I have, the more beautiful life truly becomes...

8. Keeping my mouth shut is usually the best choice. Silence is a good way to go, and I tend to later thank myself for not letting my emotions or opinions get the best of me.

9. It's okay to take a break from getting the best deals, sometimes. I need a break in order to prevent coupon burnout. It's very important.

10. God has plans, and He is way bigger than me. I need to stop putting Him in a box. Even if I still don't understand it, I must have faith...

What did you learn in 2009??? I'm now thinking about my goals for 2010! =)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a blessed 2010!

December 31, 2009 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger Coupon Teacher said...

Great lessons!

December 31, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've got a great list there. I wish you much joy and peace in 2010.
Happy New Year!

p.s. Thanks so much for linking up at my meme. :0)

January 1, 2010 at 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I didn't see a followers widget, so I am following on Twitter and also subscribed to email.

January 1, 2010 at 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Julie Drown said...

Awesome lessons!!!! :) Here're mine:

1. I learned AGAIN that it's not all about ME. :)

2. I can choose to be content and joyful in situations that suck - I can't control most things or people, but I CAN control my own attitude and choices.

3. Happiness is not something I am owed in this life...so I need to quit being entitled and start humbling myself and getting all my fulfillment from God.

4. There's no condemnation for those of us in Christ - so I can stop living in guilt and misery and learn to forgive myself! :)

January 3, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home