My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits and Tips : Printable Coupon Links

Ever come to this blog (or any other blog/website) to print a coupon from a link, and then it won't print? It just keeps saying "please wait" but it never prints? It has to do with which browser you are using. All you have to do is change 1 or 2 little letters in the web address, and your problems will be over forever! Here's a hint:

Example of a Bricks Coupons Internet Explorer link:

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qgcicyr18009850&bt=vi&o=56289&pt=&lang=&ws=&ct=&ci=&cl=&cp=&eb=1&c=MF&p=2781186&z=&r=&pc=&tc=

See the "vi" in red? Sometimes it says "wi" also...

To make this link a Firefox link:

You need to change the "vi" to "vg" or the "wi" to "wg":

http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=qgcicyr18009850&bt=vg&o=56289&pt=&lang=&ws=&ct=&ci=&cl=&cp=&eb=1&c=MF&p=2781186&z=&r=&pc=&tc=

If you use Safari:

You need to replace the "vi", "wg", "vg" or "wi" with "xs".

You can also reverse any of these (Firefox to IE, Safari to Firefox, etc.)

When I found out about this 8 months ago, I couldn't have been happier! I was so frustrated with never being able to print Bricks coupons on the FireFox browser.

And for the record, I try to provide an Internet Explorer (IE) and FireFox (FF) link for coupons that have the problem, but sometimes I forget. Now you know what to do, though! Pass the info on to your friends! =)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I learned this trick a while back. When I showed my mom how to do it the other day, she said "How in the world did you learn that little trick!?". I honestly don't know who I learned it from but it sure helps to know these things!

October 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home