My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Basics (part 2): Choosing your stores

Now you're on your way to collecting coupons, organizing your filing system (if you choose to use that method), and understanding how it all works.

The next thing you should do is decide which stores you will shop at. I am located in Jacksonville, Florida. I shop at Publix, CVS, and Walgreens on a weekly basis. I also shop at Target quite often, because they have some amazing deals. I rarely shop at Walmart. I probably go there about once every month or two. Finally, I shop at Kmart every now and then when they have their double coupon weeks. On this blog, I will be doing weekly updates on the deals at Publix, CVS, and Walgreens. When there are great deals at Target, Walmart, or Kmart, I will post about those as well.

You have to decide for yourself where you will shop, depending on your lifestyle, tastes, preferences, and location. Convenience and store policies also play into your decision.

As far as grocery stores, I would do a commercial for Publix, because I love them so much. I don't think you can save as much money at any other grocery store in existence! (more on that in a later post). If you have a Publix anywhere near you, I would shop there. I'm very lucky to have one right across the street from me. =)

You can find deals at any store you shop at, though. Hot coupon world is a great website that has forums for all kinds of different stores. Click here to check it out!

The most important thing to do with any store that you choose to bargain shop at is to find out their coupon policy. Every store is different. Usually, there is a corporate policy that you can locate online. Some stores, like Publix, differ from store to store. For example, my Publix takes all competitors coupons, including drug stores. Other Publix stores only take grocery store competitors. Some stores (such as Walmart, CVS, and Walgreens) don't take competitors coupons at all. Some stores accept printable coupons from the internet, and otheres don't. If you're not sure about the coupon policy, ask the manager at the store.

You will discover over time which stores you like and dislike. For example, I love Publix and CVS, Walgreens is okay, and Target can be pretty frustrating to shop at sometimes (but I still go there, because I just can't pass up the deals!!!).

So choose your stores, check out some forums, and decide where your first bargain shopping adventure will be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home