My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Clearing Out The Clutter Challenge


I've decided to join Money Saving Mom in her Clear Out The Clutter Challenge that she is doing right now.

How is this relevant to a frugal blog, you might ask? We strive to live a frugal and simple life, only living on what we need and giving away as much as possible. Living with less means more money being saved. Learning to go without trains us to only buy what we need and not give in to the consumeristic society that overwhelms us. It is an idea that has brought freedom to our lives. Since I am passionate about simple living, I thought this would be an appropriate challenge to document here on this blog!

My husband and I spent all weekend long doing some spring cleaning. The house is immaculate, and it feels sooooo nice!

Now is the perfect time to tackle the piles of clutter all over our house. We live pretty simply, but we still manage to have more "stuff" than we need.

Crystal is clearing out her clutter at a pretty fast pace. She's already taken care of her living room and hallway closets. We have a really busy schedule, so mine might take a month or so, but I'm going to keep you updated as we clear out the clutter one room at a time!

I'm not sure which room I'll start in, but pictures will be coming in the near future!

What About You: Have any clutter you'd like to clear your home of? Be sure to join in on this challenge!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

WOW we donated SO many bags of clothes to the thrift store here in JAX. We moved and brought too many things- We attacked our bedroom and decided to donate everything! Weird too, before I left Connecticut last year I donated an entire closet of clothes to my friend, And I still Have stuff! We all have entirely too much stuff cluttering up our lives- Thanks so much for posting this :)

I already am also able to donate food from my own pantry to My mother in Law who lives on a fixed income in senior housing! It feels great when I have her "shop" from my market! :)

thank you for all you have taught me
Maria

April 8, 2010 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger Meagan said...

That's awesome, Maria! I love hearing how other people are being enabled to give because of couponing!

I need to clean my closet out as well. I have soooo much clothing to donate!

=)

April 8, 2010 at 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Sara said...

My stockpile is completely taking over my walk-in closet. I need to make a large donation run. However, I've recently realized that my life is being controlled by "stuff." I don't need, or even want, all this stuff! After finals and the semester is over, I CANNOT WAIT to attack my apartment to de-clutter and spring clean!

April 8, 2010 at 1:50 AM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Sounds great, Sara! =)

April 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

My husband and I are constantly complaining about the clutter in our house and always attempting to get rid of it. However, it's so daunting a task that we never really make headway. Maybe having something like this to help get us motivated will enable us to finally get it done! Thanks for the inspiration!

April 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home