My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wordless Wednesday (PEACE) and a quick note...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:7

Can I be honest for a moment? Life is tough right now...really tough. I'm struggling with my purpose in life, where God wants me to be, and what my future holds. I'm having a difficult time balancing it all. Life, health, joy, struggles, blogging, family, friends, free time (what's that?), work, ambitions, sorrows, purpose, household cleaning and cooking, organization, etc. I'm even trying to decide what direction to take this blog in.

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago at a park that my husband and I go to quite often. We go there to get away, contemplate life, be quiet, spend time together, reflect, explore nature, read, etc. It's our favorite place around here. At this moment in time, I felt so much peace...peace that only comes from God.

Life is such a whirlwind. Try to slow down today, simplify a bit, and focus on what's really important. I know I have a hard time doing it myself, but it's vital that we do, or life will pass us by while we are busy worrying about things that don't really matter in the end.

Treasuring the simple things in life is one of my greatest passions, yet I rarely mention it on this blog. I hope to start posting more on this subject in the future. Sometimes we have to stop in the middle of frantically chasing deals, and slow down. A deal is no longer a great deal if it is consuming your life, and you are missing out on everything else. Stay tuned for some posts on preventing coupon burnout, simplicity in general, simplifying Christmas, and giving more to others during this season.

For now...let's hold each other up in prayer by asking that the joy of the Lord be our strength, even in the hardest of times when it takes a great amount of effort to smile...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Take your time with working on this blog. It is a work in progress. You do a great job and I know people would really hate it if you quit but at the same time, it shouldn't be your first priority right now. It is only the 19th of November and you already have done 144 posts this month! That's a ton! I don't know how you do it!

Keep looking to God for strength and He will see you through this time in your life. You are absolutely right, we get so busy that life just passes right on by. It's almost scary. This is why I've been seeking more simplicity in my own life. I want to enjoy the NOW with my family. I'm looking forward to your future posts about these kinds of things. Life isn't all about the great sales and deals:)

November 19, 2009 at 12:56 AM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Thanks, Nicole! =)

November 19, 2009 at 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree completely with Nicole. You have an awesome blog, but I agree this couponing thing can be a little too addictive and distracting. We all could use the reminder to slow down and get back to what is important. Thanks for the reminder and I encourage your idea to post more on this topic in the future.

Thanks for all you do.

November 19, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home