My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.frugalfunfortune.com/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Super Savings Saturday!

It's time for Super Savings Saturday! Pictured above is my Publix shopping trip from this week. Okay, I will admit. This is not one of my most healthy trips. Haha!

After the $20 weekly challenge for the month of October, we were running a little low on snacks, and all of my husband's favorite snacky foods were on sale this week (chex mix, Emerald nuts, Doritos, Reese's Puffs cereal, etc.)

I already had almost everything I needed for our meals this week, with the exception of red bell peppers, zucchini squash, limes and green onions. Ahh...the wonders of stockpile shopping!

We got to try a couple new items for practically free this week. That's why couponing is so much fun! We got the Teton Valley Ranch Potatoes and the Del Monte Fruit Chillers for pennies, both items we never would have thought to try out otherwise. See how much FUN being frugal can be? ;)

Anyways, here's what I bought this week:

4 bags of Chex Mix
2 bags of Doritos
2 Pledge Duster Wipes (raincheck from last week)
2 bags Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamer Veggies
2 bags Teton Valley Ranch Potatoes Quick Sides
2 packs Yo-Plus yogurt (4-packs)
2 cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
2 boxes cereal (Lucky Charms and Reese's Puffs)
2 Glade Holiday candles (smell so yummy!)
2 canisters Emerald Nuts
2 package Del Monte Fruit Chillers
2 Velveeta Cheese blocks
2 packages Kraft shredded cheese
1 Softsoap hand soap
2 boxes Krusteaz muffin mix
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
2 Betty Crocker frostings (usually make my own, but good to have on hand)
2 Zucchini Squash
2 Red Bell Peppers
2 Limes
1 bunch Green Onions

Total Before Sales and Coupons: $114.19
Total saved from sales: $49.68
Manufacturer coupons used: $22.90
Store/Competitor coupons used: $8.00
Total amount saved: $80.58
Total paid after all sales and coupons: $33.61

*I also sent my husband to CVS to pick up Kleenex and Tone Bar Soap that were on sale. He spent a total of $.98 on these 2 items (and saved $3.50).

***With Publix and CVS combined, we spent a total of $34.59 this week. Looks like we're under out weekly $35 budget, but we're still just a tad over for the month of November (by $1.96). I will have to cut back next week to account for this. No biggie! =)

November Totals:

1st week: $30.04
2nd week: $42.33
3rd week: $34.59

Total spent for month of November so far: $106.96
Total savings for month of November so far: $284.76

New to saving money on groceries? Try this series for helpful information on how to save.

Not sure how to use coupons? Try this post for couponing basics!

Want to start saving at Publix? Check out the Publix Basics post to learn all about it!

What about you? How did you do this week? Share your deals and scenarios below! If you are new to saving money, I invite you to e-mail me with a picture and explanation of a great deal you got, so that I can share it with all of the readers! Go here to see some readers' savings! They all do so great! We're all in this together!!! =)

Want to see how others save as well? Many bloggers join Money Saving Mom in her "Super Savings Saturday" every week! Check it out!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Klee said...

The fruit chillers are the bomb.com i just tried my first one this morning. Sadly i didn't have my printer set up correctly and missed one of my two print outs on those!

November 21, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home